Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Day 59 -- KRATOS USES THE TOILET!!111

No useless rambling from me; here's the video:



AMAZING!

A day after my last post, Kratos pooped on the carpet again. This time, he cleverly dragged over one of my sandals and placed it neatly on top of the pile, once again earning points for creativity and flourish, but not for correctness.

Thereafter, I started training him to always poop in my presence. Every night before I go to sleep, I lock Kratos and myself in the bathroom and commence a staring contest that does not end until he relents and poops (and gets his yummy treat). This ensures that he never poops on the carpet again, and I figured it would be easier to train him to poop into the toilet if I can get him to poop on demand when the day comes.

That day was today. I removed the popcorn bowl from the toilet, and Kratos became immediately attached to the rediscovery of his favorite water source. He kept drinking from it, despite my numerous attempts to stop him. Thankfully, he has no qualms about peeing where he drinks (that's a good thing!), and did the deed today!

I'm only cautiously optimistic, however. In the video he seemed to have done it with ease, but it was in fact after numerous failed attempts. And he was supposed to poop, not pee -- which means there's still a lump of poop in him waiting to be dispensed, likely mid-day tomorrow, and perhaps not in the toilet. Sigh. There's still a ways to go, but this is definite progress.

Go Kratos!! You are amaz0rs!!!

2 comments:

  1. correction: he dragged _both_ of your sandals on top of the poop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm surprised that he both drinks out and pees into the toilet

    ReplyDelete