Monday, March 9, 2009

Day 71 -- Back to the bowl

Kratos has won this round.

I let Kratos roam freely in the house on Day 69; he pooped on the carpet on the next day. I locked Kratos in the bathroom on Day 71; he pooped in the bath tub. Instead of risking him forming a habit of pooping anywhere and everywhere, I am going to bring back the popcorn bowl in the toilet, with litter.

A few steps backwards, to be sure; but this time, I'm going to do it more properly. Kratos will be on a moisture-rich diet with mostly canned cat food to prevent constipation. I will try to be there to give him treats every time he uses the toilet, to make sure that the positive reinforcement of using the toilet far surpasses the initial discomfort. And I'm getting proper pet odor-removal supplies and eradicating any remaining traces of Kratos' poop from our living room.

I can only hope that the litter is enough to lure Kratos back to the toilet.

2 comments: