Saturday, January 3, 2009

Day 3 to 5 -- Higher and higher, and Kratos' first accident

Day 3 and 4 went by rather smoothly. I lifted up the litter box on both days, and Kratos was able to navigate them with relative ease. He started taking to pooping in them faster, though never without a complaining meow before and after he's done. Here are pictures of his adventure on Day 3:


And here's the picture on Day 4, where the litter box is already as tall as the toilet!  Unfortunately, though, as you can see, the construction on Day 4 is rather a bit of engineering failure, a disaster waiting to happen...


And happen it did.  On Day 5, Kratos jumped onto the brown cardboard box to poop, only to have it slide off the textbooks, bringing the litter box crashing down to the floor.  I fixed it up with a more secure setup immediately, but apparently, it was an experience so traumatizing that Kratos refused to step into the bathroom by himself for more than 24 hours!

I was getting really worried.  I kept air-lifting Kratos onto the litter box, but to no avail.  Meanwhile, Kratos had started eyeing his old pooping location with nostalgia, longing for the better, golden, olden days when his pooping platform did not suddenly collapse from under him.

Finally, he pooped in the litter box.  Hooray!  I breathed a sigh of relief.  I sat back down in my living room playing the wonderful World of Goo game, and then I noticed Kratos streaming into the room.  "Good job Kratos!" I said.  He ignored my presence, and moved deliberately and slowly towards the dining room.  He sat down.  "What are you doing there, Kratos?"  I asked with detached interest.  He did not move.  It was only a few minutes later that I realized he had been sitting down at the old litter box location, and...  Wait...

I ran towards him.  "Kratos, what are you doing!!"  He still did not move.  I reached my arms out to lift him up, but before I could, I hear the sound of liquid streaming out of his body.  I decided not to lift him up after all.

It was a sad, but odd relapse.  Why did Kratos go peeing in the wrong location only minutes after pooping in the right location?  I couldn't understand it.  But to make it clear that it is no longer acceptable to take care of his bodily needs in the dining room, I cleaned the place thoroughly, leaving no scent of pee or poop behind.

Thereafter, Kratos has gone back to peeing in the bathroom, but not yet pooping.  And his frequency of litter use has definitely decreased.  He is probably still pretty nervous about the collapse, and understandably so.  I'm probably going to leave the litter box untouched at the current height for a few more days to placate him.

This is going to be harder than I thought.

4 comments:

  1. OMG i feel sorry for the kitty... poor kitty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. FOOL the kitty is being elevated to a higher state of being!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Someone should call Animal Abuse on this Chung guy.

    ReplyDelete