Monday, January 5, 2009

Day 8 -- New litter!

My shopping list from Target:
  • Swheat Scoop litter; due to the clever pun, this litter is made from wheat, and has no crazy clumping chemicals, is unscented, is good for the earth, and above all, is flushable.  I'm switching litter so that I don't have to keep worrying about unflushable litter going down the drain.  I've also read that unscented litter is easier for cats to quit.
  • Duct tape, for finally securing the litter box.
  • A metal popcorn bowl, for the next major milestone in the process, where it will be holding litter and hiding inside the toilet bowl.  After this whole thing, I can always still use it as a real popcorn bowl.  That's reuse!
  • A belt, because my pants keep falling off.
Kratos seems to be getting a little more used to using the elevated litter box.  His poopage frequency is still a tad low, but at least I see stuff in there, and I'm not finding any poop under my blanket.  He also transitioned to the new litter without complaints.  What a trooper!

4 comments:

  1. I'm never, ever, ever eating popcorn at your house. Ever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with jane on this one. will the popcorn bowl work with our toilet? i thought a foil turkey tray was recommended.

    ReplyDelete
  3. FOOLS I'm going to rinse it out with water first.

    Hmm, foil turkey tray eh... Is that sturdy enough? Kratos is a tad... heavy.

    ReplyDelete